Microsoft ruled the market with Microsoft Word for quite a lot of time, but then came Adobe PDF, which did not take over Microsoft Word but came up with a few better features, which were an improvised version of Word.
But even today, we see a lot of computer users using Microsoft Word to make a document and then converting it to PDF format. Why do you think people still prefer Microsoft Word over PDF to do the same job?
That is basically because of the ease of usability, nd most of us are used to it, and a major chunk of computer users still use windows. So, now there comes a problem with Mac users. Mac users might find it a little difficult to learn
That is basically because of the ease of usability, nd most of us are used to it, and a major chunk of computer users still use windows. So, now there comes a problem with Mac users.
Mac users might find it a little difficult to learn ” how to combine PDF files Mac .” So, in this article, let’s discuss how to merge PDF files on Mac.
Though, the process of how to combine PDF files Mac isn’t very different to the different versions of the Mac Operating Systems. In this article, let’s discuss about certain technical aspects of how to combine PDF files.
You might also have to merge two PDF files at times, so learn how to merge PDF files, how to combine PDFs, how to combine PDF files Mac, how to combine two PDFsand how to merge PDF files Mac.
How to Combine PDF Files Mac for OS X?
You have an option of previewing when you have to move a page from a PDF document to another PDF document
Let’s now go through simple steps, which will help you learn how to move pages between two different documents
- Are you trying to combine two documents? The first step is to open the desired document, which you wish to combine, in the preview.
- You will then have to make a selection of each of the preview windows.
- Once you make the selection of the preview window, you have to select the view option
- The next step is to choose the option Thumbnails, and that’s basically to open the thumbnails pane.
- Once the thumbnail pane is open, you will have to make a selection of the thumbnails of those pages you choose to move. This is actually the first step to learn to. You might want to select multiple pages to move. You can make use of either the Shift key or the Command key as you click on each of the pages.
- Now that you have made the selection, the next step is to drag the selected thumbnails from the PDF window you currently are into the thumbnails pane on the other open PDF window.
- Hold the selected files and keep moving your pointer to the desired destination on the page when you expect your pages to fit in the other PDF file. Ensure that you don’t drag the thumbnail below the divider line. Divider line may appear anytime during the process of dragging the files from the top or even from the bottom. The divider line basically helps you to ensure that all the pages are inserted to the correct document.
- Once you have dragged the files to the desired location, release the pointer.
There are a few options to the process discussed above.You can also use the edit option to insert the pages to one PDF file from the other document. The process is quite simple
- Click on the edit button.
- Select the Insert option.
- Then click on select an option.
- Select Page from File if you are looking at inserting an image file or some other PDF file.
- If you are using a scanner with your Mac, click on Page from Scanner.
- The last step helps you scan the page and display it directly on the window you would want to drag it to.
How to Re- Arrange a Page Order?
If you are looking at re-arranging the order of the pages in your PDF file, you have the option of dragging and dropping the thumbnails of every page in the sidebar. The sidebar is placed near the preview window.
- Click on view.
- Then click on the thumbnails option.
- Make a proper selection of the thumbnails of the pages you are looking at moving.
- You might want to select multiple pages to move. You can make use either the Shift key or the command key when you are clicking on each of the pages.
- Keep dragging the selection done on the sidebar till you reach to the location where you want to drop the files and where you want them to be placed.
- Once you are at the desired location and you drop the files, release the pointer.
That finishes the step-wise process, which will help you learn how to merge PDF files on Mac. This article is also an answer to your questions like how to merge PDF files, how to combine PDFS, how to combine PDF files Mac, how to combine two PDFs and how to merge PDF files Mac.
These are nothing complex, but a few simple drag-and-drop steps and may be a couple of clicks for selection.Merging two pages is actually adding one page to the other and getting the desired result of combining two files and the process to do that is the same as what we have discussed on how to combine two PDF files on Mac.
The only difference is that there you do a specific selection, and here you merge both the files completely.
In my next articles I will discuss in detail about How to merge PDF files in Mountain Lion 10.8 (2012), How to merge PDF files in Mavericks 10.9 (2013), How to merge PDF files in Yosemite (10.10) (2014), How to merge PDF files in El Capitan (10.11) (2015) which are different operating system versions of Mac.
Stay tuned to our blogs for more interesting facts on Mac and Apple products. If you have any doubt with the current article or need to give your valuable inputs, drop your queries in the comments section here, and our experts will be happy to acknowledge them.